We take a break from dramas and jump into our kpop addiction. Come join The Fangirls as we chat about our Kpop biases on Day 2 of our 14 Days of Fangirling.
Day 2 – Who is your Kpop bias
Am I only allowed to choose one!? Because I have many! But I’ll narrow it to my top three.
- G-Dragon: he’s brilliant. Creative. Hard working. Honest to a fault. Stylish. I don’t know what I’d do with him if I ever met him. It’s not like I have a crush on him, per se. We don’t have much in common. So I’m content to watch him from afar and admire his abilities in music and art.
- Rap Monster: To me, Rap Mon is a mini G-Dragon. I see a lot of the same charisma and talent in him, though he certainly hasn’t attained the career that G-Dragon has yet. But he writes most of his own music, he leads BTS like a BOSS, and he’s deep, yo. I love that BTS writes songs that are about real issues and Rap Mon is a big part of that. Plus, he’s adorable. I just want to squeeze his cheeks.
- V: Okay, V is pretty. Like shockingly beautiful. Like, when I discovered his face, I watched YouTube video after YouTube video of him making various facial expressions because I just couldn’t… figure out… how a human… could be so adorable. I’m not alone. He’s much beloved by all who know him. He’s a cuddly little cherub. A beautiful boy-angel. Not quite of this world.
Since CLSunbae had more than one, I will pop in my favorite two.
- My #1 is V (Taehyung) from BTS. For me, it is more about his cute personality more than his ability to smolder. The smoldering is just a bonus.
- My second is N from VIXX. I first started to notice N thanks to his role in Sassy Go Go and now he is all I see when I watch the group’s MVs. YAY for idols who also can act since it means I get to have double the enjoyment.
This may surprise everyone, but I love Kim Heechul from Super Junior. I have both of the M&D albums as well as most of the SJ ones. He isn’t the lead on a lot of SJ songs so I didn’t really pick up on his voice until I stumbled upon the video for Close Your Mouth. He’s got one of those really versatile voices that can be mellow and broody in a ballad or fun and upbeat and he can rap. I like that he’s so out there, you ALWAYS know it’s Heechul. He’s gorgeous and he knows it and I like that about him.
Does Seo In Guk count?? I lean toward the ones with beautiful solo voices and acting ability. Jin Young from B1A4 is at the top of my list. I also love DO from EXO. But, I am in love with the tone and power of Lee Hong-ki’s voice.
This is soooooooo hard. I think I’ll do like CLSunbae and make a short list.
(1) Yong Junhyung from Beast (or whatever their new name is going to be). He is my first bias. I didn’t take to Kpop until I watched Monstar and started listening to Beast. Junhyung is extremely talented and also has that attitude where you can tell he doesn’t really want to do the aegyo stuff but does because he has to.
(2) G-Dragon of Big Bang. He is the ultimate pop star. Talented both in and out of the studio. He’s singular in that there really is no other GD out there in Kpopland. I will be sad when he trades in singing on stage for running his own company (it’ll happen, just you wait.)
(3) BTS. I know, I know. I’m supposed to pick one as a bias, but I just love the whole group. Some a little more than others. Rapmon caught my attention first with this lips, hair, and raps. Then Jimin danced his way into my heart. V’s deep voice became more visible in the mix and I fell hard. Suga, like Junhyung, with the I don’t give a F when it comes to aegyo. I guess J-hope and Jin land about the same in my heart. I’m not totally bonkers for them. Yet, they are still part of the whole that makes up my lovely BTS.
YAY! I am so glad we added a few Kpop questions this time around. Let us know your Kpop biases in the comments and be sure to check back tomorrow as we chat about Kdrama villains we want to date.
Til next time,